During the 2023 AMPP Annual Conference + Expo in Denver, Colorado, USA, Materials Performance (MP) magazine announced its new class of winners from the 2023 MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards.
“The winners of our 2023 MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards represent some of the most promising technologies in the industry today,” says Rebecca A. Bickham, MP’s Editor-in-Chief.
The recognized winners are as follows:
- “Atmospheric Corrosion ISO9223 Search” by Engineering Director, Inc.;
- “EnviroZense” by Matergenics Inc.;
- “GeneCount Voyager and GeneCount qKit Corrosion Portfolio” by LuminUltra Technologies Ltd.
- “Janus Guard” by Axess-Corrosion, Inc.;
- “Low-Power Wireless Sensor Network of Conductivity Probes for Detection of Corrosive Fluids in Pipelines” by University of Alaska Anchorage;
- “Perforated Stand-off System for Moisture Removal and CUI Mitigation in Thermally Insulated Pipes” by Integrity Products & Supplies Inc.;
- “Production Chemicals Optimization on DELFI” by SLB;
- “REL2510 Solid-State Relay” by American Innovations;
- “Superhydrophobic Coatings for Corrosion Control” by Hempel A/S;
- “Teslan 1105 Nano Non-Skid Deck Coating” by Tesla NanoCoatings;
- “The N’GENIUS Series” by N’GENIUS Materials Technology.
The announcement ceremony can be viewed below, and more information on each of the winners is available at the Awards web site. Further coverage of individual award winners will be coming in MP’s print and digital outlets as the year progresses.
Since 2014, the MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards have provided a forum for association members and customers to showcase their corrosion mitigation technologies while receiving recognition for their innovative solutions. Winners are selected by a panel of industry experts spanning a wide range of subject matter expertise.
For 2023, the global corrosion control community submitted a near-record total of more than 50 nominations. Innovations can be related to coatings and linings, materials, design, equipment, testing, monitoring, integrity assessment, cathodic protection, chemical treatment, or anything else directly related to corrosion prevention and mitigation. Anyone worldwide can submit a nomination—including individuals, companies, organizations, and governments—and there is no fee to enter.
Nominations for the 2025 cycle of this biennial program will be accepted starting in June 2024. Stay tuned to the Awards web site for further details.
Source: MP Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards, mp-innovation-awards.webflow.io.