Gaco, a brand of Firestone Building Products (Nashville, Tennessee, USA), recently announced the launch of its GacoFlex A47 acrylic, GacoFlex U91 aromatic urethane, and UA60 aliphatic urethane coatings to complete a portfolio of innovative roof coatings, roofing systems, and waterproofing applications.
The expansion into acrylic and urethane coatings is designed to transform Gaco into a sole-source supplier of polyurethane foam and roof coatings.
According to the company, the GacoFlex A47 acrylic provides one of the strongest tensile strengths available in its class, all while delivering a long-lasting durable topcoat. The combination of GacoFlex A47 acrylic and GacoRoofFoam as a full roofing system is one of the few warrantable foam and acrylic systems available from a sole-source supplier.
Meanwhile, the GacoFlex U91 urethane is a single-component aromatic urethane coating that can be used in multiple applications, including as a coating for decking and roofing that is quicker to install than many two-component offerings.
Finally, the GacoFlex UA60 aliphatic urethane can be used in conjunction with U91 as a reflective topcoat in Gaco’s urethane roofing system. Gaco manufactures, inspects, and offers warranties on all of its products.
“We are excited by the expansion of Gaco’s product offering,” says David Martiny, director of product management for Firestone Building Products. “With A47 acrylic, U91, and UA60 urethane, we now can provide a true one-stop shop to our customers.”
“This expansion and diversification of our Gaco product offering demonstrates our ongoing commitment to product innovation in the roofing and waterproofing market and positions us well for future growth,” adds Jason Flack, vice president of sales.
According to the company, features of each new coating product include:
GacoFlex A47 Acrylic Roof Coating
- High tensile strength, which delivers a long-lasting, durable topcoat;
- Exceeds ASTM D6083 requirements, among other code approvals;
- Offers strong anti-microbial properties to prevent unsightly biological growth;
- Minimal dirt pickup, so the roof retains its solar reflectivity and performance;
- Water-based and reflective, making it environmentally friendly;
- Available in 55-gallon (208.2 L) drum and 5-gallon (18.9 L) bucket options.
GacoFlex U91 Aromatic Urethane Coating
- Single component install for quicker installation than standard two-component offerings;
- Aromatic waterproofing membrane for roofing applications and traffic coatings;
- High tensile strength (350-percent elongation; 2,600 psi strength) for environmental resilience;
- Impact and abrasion resistance, which makes it ideal for heavily trafficked roofs and decks;
- Four color options available in a 55-gallon (208.2 L) drum and 5-gallon (18.9 L) bucket.
GacoFlex UA60 Aliphatic Urethane Coating
- Optimal for topcoat applications that require great color and exterior durability, soil, abrasion, chemical, and water resistance;
- Provides a complete waterproofing system when used with GacoFlex U91.
Source: Gaco, www.gaco.com.